- Download link coming up...
- Source code repository coming up...
RMS tool is a cross platform quick and simple command-line program which calculates stats on the incoming file arguments. Originally developed for own use, it is useful in situations where specifications on a project includes an RMS measurement of the whole audio file (commonly imposed by commercials). This is a feature often not included in most DAW's, and will anyway be hard to batch-process.
Written using JUCE and cpl in C++. Printing stats:
- File format
- File name
- File length
- Channel count
- Bitdepth and sample rate
- Minimum and maxium peaks, for each channel
- RMS of total file, for each channel
- Any non-slashed ('/') argument is considered a file to be analyzed
- /help (displays these)
- /rmsonly (displays only RMS for channels in small format, useful for batch processing)
This project is licensed under GPL v3.