- Download link coming up...
- Source code repository coming up...
Chameleon is a audio plugin adapter in the works. Audio plugins are plagued by (often) artifical restrictions eliminating platform- and/or program support. Chameleon aims to one day be a universal adapter, enabling any plugin to run in any host.
- Can adapt/emulate VST or AU as VST or AU at runtime
- Can scan and find supported plugins in common or added paths
- Can save an emulation to a separate plugin on the disk, which will be recognized as if the plugin is the emulated type
Goals / visions
- Sandboxing of plugin (includes cross-architechture support, ie. 32/64bit)
- Support for jack, RTAS, DX, AAX
- Complete functional generic plugin API support (parameter mapping, presets etc.)
This project is licensed under GPL v3.